Discovery Center Volunteering
The Discovery Center is always in search of enthusiastic, hard-working volunteers. If you have a passion for science, animals, or children, we have some great opportunities for you!
The City of Ocala requires all volunteers to undergo fingerprinting and a background check.
City of Ocala volunteers are required to be 16 years of age or older. Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult during volunteer hours.
Please fill out the form below and include the following in the “Message” box…
1. Why do you want to volunteer at the Discovery Center?
2. How would you like to volunteer at the Discovery Center?
- Animal Care – feeding, socializing, and cleaning our small reptile, amphibian, and insect collection
- Exhibit Docent – interacting with and providing information to exhibit guests in our 2nd floor exhibit hall
- Class or Program Assistant – assist in teaching weekly science classes; assist staff during evening or field trip programs
- Front Desk Assistant – answer the main line phone, greet walk-in guests, and do basic administrative tasks
- Social Media Assistant – take promotional photo and video, queue social media posts using HootSuite, and assist in designing flyers and website content
(Virtual volunteers welcome!)
3. What is your availability or anticipated volunteer schedule?
We are open Tue-Fri, 9am – 5pm; Sat 10am – 3pm. Saturday volunteers always welcome!
After submission and review of the form below, volunteers will be e-mailed a City of Ocala volunteer form and given instructions on how to proceed with the volunteer sign-up process.