Let Them Play! Scholarships
The City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department recognizes the importance of recreation and the health and wellness benefits it provides to people of all ages, from both a physical and metal standpoint. The Recreation and Parks Department created the “Let them PLAY” scholarship program to give residents experiencing financial hardships the opportunity to enjoy recreation programs and realize the benefits of physical activity and socialization opportunities many people take for granted.
Let Them Play! Guidelines
- Residency – City Residents are eligible for 100% scholarship of a program fee and Marion County Residents are eligible for 75% scholarship of a program fee.
- Annual Cap – $200 per household, per year
- Financial Circumstances – Patrons will be given an opportunity to provide a narrative on what financial circumstances have taken place within their lives that prevents them from financially planning to attend a program.
Exclusions – The following items are not eligible for the scholarship program
- Admissions – Discovery Center, Aquatic Centers, Ice Rink or Special Events.
- Rentals – Including pavilions, facilities, sports fields/courts and equipment.
- Specialty Programs – Discovery Center Birthday Parties, Group or School Field Trips and Athletic Team Fees.
- Memberships or Pool Passes