Virtual Learning Pods
Discovery Center now offers Virtual Learning Pods for Students in grades 1st-5th who are participating in Marion Virtual School, MCPS Online, Florida Virtual School, or other virtual school options. Students will be supervised in a clean, safe environment that is socially distanced with a maximum of 10 students per pod. Pod leaders will support students during virtual learning hours and supervise lunches, breaks, outdoor recess, and after school fun including Discovery Center hands on science activities. Face coverings and temperature checks will be required daily for entry.
What Discovery Center Provides
- Wifi Connection
- Facilitator to help students when needed
- Supervised outdoor recess and after school STEM enrichment activities
- Supervised lunch time
- Supplies for afterschool STEM enrichment
What You provide
- Chromebook, laptop or other online learning device
- Power connector (charging cable, power cord for mobile device)
- Course specific materials, books and supplies
- Bag lunch, snacks and drinks (must be self contained and not require reheating or refridgeration)
- Face Covering
Registration and Pricing
$120.00 weekly for members
$130.00 weekly for non members
Learning Pod Schedule
7:15 Drop off, sign on, early care.
7:40 – 2:50 online learning (lunch and breaks facilitated as scheduled by online teachers)
2:50-5:30 DC provided activities including science experiments, playground time, and STEAM activities.
5:30pm Final Dismissal